At Dental Comfort, we believe in focusing on the total well-being of our patients,
not just their dental health. Your mouth is the gateway to your body, and research shows that there is
linkage between your oral health and overall health. This is why we have imbibed the principles of
holistic dentistry in our practice.
What is holistic dentistry?
The main goal of holistic dentistry is to resolve dental problems while working in harmony with the
rest of the body. It involves reduced usage of chemicals, minimally invasive procedures and emphasis
on patient education. It also means using bio-compatible materials and being eco-friendly. A
holistic dentist is often called an organic dentist or a green dentist.
Here are just some of the ways in which we practice holistic dentistry:
- BPA Free Fillings; BPA is a chemical that you find in plastics, and is known to have negative
impact on your health as well as the environment.
- Mercury Free Fillings: At Dental Comfort we believe in using bio-compatible, non-toxic dental materials.
- Metal-free restorations: Research shows that the heavy metal used in traditional restorations
has a negative impact on your health. We offer all-ceramic, metal-free restorations like Zirconia
crowns, bridges, inlays and onlays.
- Alternatives to traditional injections and anesthetics: We try to avoid injections wherever possible,
using safer, reduced chemical anesthetics.
- Organic herbal products: We recommend a variety of organic products that help with common
conditions like gum disease.Prepared with extracts of organically grown herbs, these tonics and rinses
help maintain healthy teeth and gums.
- Preventive dental care: Early detection using
our advanced technologies, as well as preventive steps, go a long way in saving you from bigger problems. For example:
- Sealants for kids: The Surgeon General's report on oral health indicates that sealants can reduce decay in
school children by more than 70 percent.
- Visual oral cancer screening: Our regular exam includes a visual screening of
the mouth for oral cancer. This disease, which accounts for thousands of deaths each year,
has a much better prognosis if detected early enough.
- Caries risk assessment: Every individual is different, and so is their likelihood
of getting cavities.
We offer individualized caries risk assessment that can help determine the best preventive treatment
modalities for you.
- Minimally invasive procedures: Early detection also means easier treatment.
For example, cavities that
are detected early enough can be treated in a short, comfortable appointment with no drilling.
- Preventive home care: You see us only a few times in the year.
This is why we believe in educating our patients, empowering them to take proper care between visits:
- Intra Oral Camera: With this high resolution camera we take pictures of your teeth and share them
with you on our computer so we can show which areas you need to focus on.
- Oral care at home: We discuss options like
Waterpik, intra-dental flossers, electric toothbrushes and other technologies that you can use
at home to maintain proper oral hygiene. We explain the correct way of
using these devices with the help of specially created models and videos.
- Nutrition: Eating and drinking healthy is critical not only for your teeth, but also for the
rest of your body. We take the time to explain why certain foods are better than others.
- Chemical Free Sterilization: Our state of the art sterilization system is steam based and uses no chemicals.
- Upto 90% less radiation: With our advanced digital x-ray system there is upto 90% less radiation than traditional systems.
- Saving 10,000 gallons of water a month: We are one of the few offices in the country that use a dry-vac system, helping
save thousands of gallons of water compared to traditional offices.
- Zero to very low VOC paint: Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) are toxic substances that can negatively impact your health.
The most commonly used paint contains high levels of VOC. We especially chose paint with zero
or very low VOC for our entire facility.
- No CFC HVAC: CFC is considered the most potent greenhouse gas, and is thought to be responsible for about
24 percent of the greenhouse effect. We are proud to have installed a CFC free HVAC.
- Virtually paperless: Paper is used only sparingly in our fully computerized office. Even the cups we use in the
office are plant based and are 100% bio-degradable.
- Certified Green: We are the first office in Fremont to receive the Alameda County Green Business Certification.
Fremont dentist, Anu Sharma - experienced dentist serving California Bay Area cities of Fremont, Newark, Union City, Hayward, Milpitas and surrounding areas. Your award-winning dentist uses advanced dental technologies for all aspects of general dentistry. She is also a cosmetic dentist, certified in Invisalign and Lumineers. Dr. Sharma also treats children (as little as two) and can take care of most pediatric dentistry needs.
Dental Comfort - complete family dental practice, near the Fremont Hub. The office is accessible from Fremont Bart.
Fremont, CA based family, pediatric and cosmetic dentist
Serving Bay area of California
Fremont, Milpitas, Hayward, Newark, Union City, Pleasanton
4150 Walnut Ave, Fremont, CA